Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Perfect Tennis with Bob

I met Bob by chance, really. I was looking for a tennis match one day, trolling for a game by the Central Park tennis courts. Bob's a real player. He beats me on a regular basis. I have to play perfect tennis to win. He picks me apart from the baseline, while I continue to attack. Eventually, he puts too much pressure on me, and then I, in turn, put too much pressure on myself. The result is obviously a collapse, and I lose. We have very different styles of play, and very close matches. Bob's only downfall is that he doesn't handle adversity well. He also doesn't like distractions, such as movement around his vision, especially while serving. This can be rough on busy city courts, especially in Central Park. Sometimes, he'll become caught in these distractions, and then I take him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment