Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Ball Machine

So I'm out on Roosevelt Island one morning, out for the "Early Bird Special." I'm really just hoping to hit with a ball machine. I want to work on my tennis game, a little, and get a nice workout. There's something about the rhythm of a ball machine shooting tennis balls. A big gun shooting little, yellow balls at the same spots over and over. And then I swing my composite racquet and connect. Snapping that poor little ball back towards the big gun. And then it shoots back at me another little, yellow ball. And then I again crack my composite racquet, sending that little, yellow ball sailing. Over and over the motions continue, while I try and develop some consistency, with a nice sweat. It just feels so good to hit that little, yellow ball. What's wrong with me?



1 comment:

  1. Nothing as far as I know but I am not a tennis junkie just a Roosevelt Island blogger. I woudl e-mail but I saw no link. When the tram goues out starting July 6, 2009 for six months will you still make the effort to use the RI Racquet Club but now via the F Train? I am curious how many tennis players that come to the island from Manhattan via the Tram will still come despite the minor inconvenience of temporarily not being able to use the tram. - Thanks, Eric

    http://RooseveltIsland360.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete