Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mentally Cooked on the Tennis Court

Steam rises on the tennis court. I'm locked in a real tight match with Bob. One of those matches where I seem to win the majority of the points, just not the important ones. Subsequently, I'm losing. The heat is definitely getting to me, well at least the humidity anyway. Between points I wipe my brow with a towel, removing sweat from my soaking forehead. The sweat continues to come and begins to run into my eyes burning and blurring my vision. I put on a headband, which supposedly absorbs the sweat, but not in my case. In fact, I don't think the headband absorbs anything. It just sticks on my forehead, feeling like a soggy hot dog bun would probably feel. I become annoyed, the heat is really getting to me now. I feel things slipping. I'm unable to overcome the elements. I deserve to lose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment