Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Doubles and Central Park Theory

Doubles in Central Park means I can play for two hours instead of one. Because I have four people on a court, I can sign up for two consecutive hours of play. I can play twice as long as I would in singles. But, I have to remember that because I have a partner, theoretically, I only hit half the shots in a match. This means that in a two hour doubles match, I should, theoretically, hit the same amount of tennis balls that I would in a one hour singles match. Obviously, this is all based upon theory, and subject to the level of play my partner and I demonstrate. For example, if I hit every shot into the net, the other team is likely to continue to hit the tennis ball in my direction. Thus, I may hit more tennis balls, but not very well. So much for theory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment