Friday, May 1, 2009

Playing in a Monastery

I’m playing tennis in a monastery today. There’s a monastery in Chelsea with a tennis court on the grounds. I don’t know what to expect, really. I guess I better make the right calls. No cheating, that’s for sure. I figure God might be looking a little closer today. Keeping an eye on my calls. Sometimes, I have to remember that the line is “in.” Not today though. Today I’m on the up and up. I’m playing in a monastery for Christ’s sake, literally. I wonder what this will do for my game. Am I going to play better, maybe find a little divine inspiration? Maybe I’ll play worse? Some penance for those line calls reflecting a ball not on the line. I’m hoping for the former, a little divine inspiration would be nice. I’ll say my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment