Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tennis is My Real Passion

I'm a tennis player. I would call this my real passion. And I'm not one of those soft, country club types, either. No way, I play in Central Park on the public courts. A place where you better be tough, and when there's a court open, you better jump, and quick. There's no room for softies and crybabies. It's not exactly a country club setting. This is New York City tennis, tough and gritty, and you better bring your game. Usually, I play with the older guys, a group of retired teachers, living off of their pensions, focusing on their tennis. Not real athletic, but that little yellow ball always comes back. I tend to be fairly athletic without much mental capacity. I often beat the best players, while losing to the worst. But my good days carry me through, and I love to play tennis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment